How Do You Want to Study for GED Social Studies? Pick Below
GED Social Studies Practice Test ( 25 Questions )
GED® Social Studies Lessons (10 Lessons)
GED® Social Studies Practice Questions ( Tons Questions )
Check out our other Free GED© Practice Tests
How to Prepare for GED Social Studies Test
Not confident about your knowledge of history for the GED social studies test? Have you always found it hard to memorize historical facts? Do you find history boring? Has it been a while since you last read a social studies textbook? You’ve come to the right place to study for the GED social studies test.
Social studies cover a wide range of topics. You might not know where to begin. But don’t worry! Our GED social studies practice tests and online classes cover the most important topics included in the actual exam. The tests and video lessons are short enough to make studying easy and fun. Our study guide will make sure you’ll have everything you need to know to pass the GED social studies test.
We have Free GED Social Studies Practice Test HERE
What is on the GED® Social Studies Test?
What Does the GED Social Studies Test Cover?
The test is divided into four major categories:
1. Civics and government (50%)
2. US history (20%)
3. Economics (15%)
4. Geography of the world (15%).
Test Prep Tool Kit prepared GED social studies practice tests and video lessons to make it fun and easy for you to study the subject. The social studies facts, concepts, and events to remember can sound overwhelming. But our GED social studies study guide will help you navigate through the most important topics that you need to study.
Our GED social studies practice tests have 20 to 25 questions that you can answer anytime you want. There’s no time pressure. You can choose to reveal the answer right after each question. We also have 10 lessons that you can read at your own pace.
Find it easier to study with videos? We have 20 social studies video lessons that are 15 minutes long or less. Get our GED Study Guide for tips on how to prepare for GED social studies test and other subjects.
Learn more about Free GED Practice Tests (2019)
Tips for Success in the GED Social Studies Test
The key to succeeding in the GED social studies test is not only through memorization. You also need to make sense of facts to keep as much info as you can. Organize the topics you need to study. We always recommend starting with topics you’re not familiar with.
Find it hard to focus? Schedule a study time where you’re most alert during the day. Avoid studying when you’re already tired or sleepy. Getting enough sleep and staying hydrated can help you study more easily.
Keep your study times as short as 30 minutes. Our video lessons don’t exceed 15 minutes to help you stay focused. Get rid of anything that might distract you like TV, smartphones, food, etc. Studying while listening to classical music might help improve concentration. Meditation exercises are helpful, too.
We have Practice Test that you can use: GED® Reasoning Through Language Arts Practice Tests
Here are some more tips to help you on the GED social studies test:
- Read the item carefully before answering. Make sure you understand the question.
- Review the answer options and read the text and the question again before choosing your answer. Keep in mind that there are four types of question in the test. These are drag-and-drop, hot spot, fill-in-the-blank, and multiple choice.
- Get familiar with the terms used in the test. Take our practice tests and watch our video lessons to familiarize yourself with social studies terms. Read history books and publications. Doing these things will help you understand the words often used in social studies. If you encounter words that are new to you, use a dictionary to check the meaning.
Check our Free GED Math Practice Test HERE
Complete GED Social Studies Guide Checklist
Get to know what topics you need to study for each test category. Below is a checklist of social studies topics included in the exam.
Use this list as you review for the GED social studies exam. Take our FREE online GED Social Studies Practice Test once you’re done reviewing these concepts:
We have GED Math Video Lessons
1- United States History
- Do I know the historical documents that have shaped the American constitutional government?
- Do I know revolutionary and early republic records?
- Do I know and understand Civil War and Reconstructions?
- Do I know and understand Civil Rights?
- Do I know European settlement and population of the Americas?
- Do I understand what happened during World Wars I &II?
- Do I understand what happened during The Cold War?
- Am I aware of the American foreign policy since 9/11?
2- Geography and the World
- Do I know how classical civilizations developed?
- Do I understand the relationships between the environment and societal development?
- Do I know the geographical borders between peoples and nations?
- Do I understand human migration and how it happens?
- Do I know the key economic events that have shaped American government and policies?
- Do I understand the relationship between political and economic freedoms?
- Do I know the fundamental economic concepts?
- Do I understand the difference between microeconomics and macroeconomics?
- Do I understand consumer economics?
- Do I know the causes and impacts of wars in the context of economics?
- Do I understand what drove exploration and colonization in the context of economics?
- Do I understand scientific and industrial revolutions?
4- Civics and Government
- Do I know the types of modern and historical governments?
- Do I know the principles that have contributed to the development of American constitutional democracy?
- Do I know and understand the structure and design of the US government?
- Am I aware of individual rights and civic responsibilities?
- Do I know and understand the political parties, campaigns, and elections in US politics?
- Do I know and understand contemporary public policy?
Once you have covered everything, test your knowledge using our GED practice tests for social studies.
- Free GED® Science Practice Test
- Free Online GED Classes: Step-by-Step Prep Program for Adults
- GED Science Classes Online
- GED Study Guide
- GED 101: 2019 GED Practice Tests, GED Classes for GED Exam – 1 Stop GED Programs Guide
- GED Math
- GED® Science Study Guide
- GED® Social Studies Prep Guide
- GED® Reasoning Through Language Arts Guide