With your requirements packed and ready in your bag for the ACT test day, you should be all set to take this important test. You only need to bring the items mentioned above on the ACT test day, which we outlined in our blog on the 5 important things to bring with you on the exam day:
1. A printed copy of your admission ticket
2. A valid photo ID.
3. At least two pieces of #2 pencils and a good quality eraser.
4. An approved calculator.
5. A noiseless watch with no audible alarms.
Start reviewing with our helpful contents: ACT Scores – Release Dates, Scoring System, Average ACT Score
Now you need to be aware of the things you are not allowed to bring inside the testing center:
1. Technologies with recording or communication capabilities
The only technology allowed in the ACT testing room is the calculator. Laptops, cell phones, cameras, and tablets, among others, are not allowed. Security is maximized on the day of the ACT test. Anyone caught cheating will be investigated.
Cellphones and wearable devices should be switched off. Keep them inside your bag. You will not be allowed to use them even during break times. If you are caught using them during the test, three things might happen:
- Your score will get canceled.
- You will be asked to leave.
- Your device will be taken away from you.
Forget about cheating. Be aware that there were high-profile ACT cheating scandals that ruined some students. Those caught cheating on the ACT test can be expelled from their schools and have their scores canceled. Some were even banned from entering college.
Related Topic: ACT Registration and Requirements
2. Dictionaries, translators, textbooks, notes and any other documents
The only document that’s allowed on your desk is your ACT test booklet. Other reading, review materials or “cheat sheets” are not allowed. Leave all your review materials at home.
Related Topic: ACT Test Dates
3. Other writing tools, except for #2 pencils
You’re not allowed to use bullpens, highlighters, or colored pencils during the test.
4. Food and beverages
You will not be allowed to eat and drink during the test. You’re also not allowed to drink water inside the testing room. Not only can eating and drinking distract you, but just imagine how spilled liquid can ruin your test!
It’s best to eat a full breakfast before the test. Pack some healthy snacks like a chicken sandwich, nuts, and fruits that you can eat during the break. Avoid snacks that will make you feel sleepy or sluggish later on, such as chocolate bars or sweet drinks. If you tend to feel anxious, avoid caffeinated beverages like coffee, tea, or soda. Stick to water.
Visit our website to learn more review materials: ACT Science Practice Tests
5. Correction fluid or tape
Want to change your answers? Simply use your eraser. Correction fluid or tape isn’t necessary and you’re not allowed to use them during the ACT test.
6. Cigarettes and other tobacco products
Smoking is prohibited inside the testing room.
If you’re wearing a watch during the test, make sure it’s not a smartwatch. You won’t be allowed to wear that inside the testing room.
- ACT Test Dates
- How To Apply For The ACT Test
- ACT Test: Should You Aim For A High Score?
- Why You Need Help In Preparing For Your ACT Test
- How ACT Reviewers And Guides Help You Boost Your ACT Score
- 5 Reasons You Should Not Be Scared Of Taking The ACT Test
- 3 Reasons Students Fail Their ACT Test And How To Resolve Them
- ACT Math Practice Tests 3
- ACT Math Practice Tests 1